Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Requiem in Pacet

On January 3rd 2012, at about 10:30am, my father died peacefully at home.

Shortly after my last post, Dad's condition started to deteriorate, to the point where he required 24hr attention and care.  Flight simming is, by it's nature, an immersive experience and therefore not compatible with a need to be constantly alert for movement or signs of distress in the real world.  Because of this, I've not flown, or really tinkered with the sim setup in over a month.

Moving forward, the next few months area likely to be an upheaval, as I transition from being 100% focussed on Dad's care to getting back into the world, getting a job and getting a real life once again.  Though money is likely to be tight for a while, having the whole house to myself means there's a chance there'll be room for a more elaborate cockpit setup at some point.  I also find myself with an embarrassing surfeit of wide-screen TVs, especially since I don't watch television myself, with the result that one 38" TV has now been retasked as a flight-sim PC monitor. (it's also pretty good for writing blog posts! :-)

Will post again once the initial turmoil is over and I'm able to get the sim setup once more.

1 comment:

  1. Wondered what happened to you. Family is always first and we are sorry for your loss.

    We will be on the look out for you.

    ReplyDelete